Social Icons

Pages

October 15, 2009

Hard Candy, Sallys Update

You might have heard that Hard Candy has been revamped and is now being sold for drugstore prices at Walmart. I was excited to see the beautiful new display!



Blush Crush Baked Blush in HONEYMOON: This looks gorgeous in the pan. A soft light pink with some tiny purple veining. I was expecting this to be similar to MAC's mineralize blushes, but this is much more similar to the mineralize skin finishes. There isn't much color payoff, but it gives a beautiful shimmer that's great for highlighting.






Kal-eye-descope Baked Eyeshadow Duo in ROCK N ROLL: Another gorgeous looking product. Very smooth and shimmery.





Balm Girls Moisturizing Lip Balm in JULIE: I'm not too sure if I like this one. With the word "tinted" I thought it would add some color to my lips, but it's extremely sheer. It almost looks like clear lipgloss on my lips. It also has that weird plastic/play-dough/crayon type smell. On the plus side, it's really moisturizing and glossy with a unique packaging.





Curl Up & Dye lash curling mascara in INK: I'm really disappointed in this one. I got sucked into buying it because of its promise to curl. I have stick straight lashes and I need a mascara that can hold a curl. This did the opposite. After using my lash curler and applying this, my lashes drooped down. The mascara felt very heavy and wet.



Overall, it seems like a nice brand. I'll probably be avoiding their mascaras, but I'm willing to try more Hard Candy products.

____________________________________________

On my previous post, I talked about my bad experience at Sallys. I wrote an email to their customer service explaining the incident. The company called me, but I wasn't able to answer because I was in school. They left a voicemail, apologizing for my experience. They also said that they would forward the incident to the district manager here and investigate the store or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is always appreciated! :)