OVERALL RATING: 4/5
WOULD I PURCHASE: Maybe
WHERE TO BUY: http://www.skinmdnatural.com & some drugstores (their website has a store locator)
PRODUCT CLAIMS: Skin MD Natural is a shielding lotion, a very special type of lotion helping the skin restore its integrity, enhance its protective functions so that the skin is able to heal naturally and regain its youthful appearance. Skin MD Natural works by bonding with cells of the skin's outermost layer to form what works as an invisible shield. This layer of protection prevents environmental irritants and pollutants from penetrating the skin, while sealing in the skin's own natural oils and moisture, helping resolve the dry skin condition.
MY THOUGHTS: This lotion moisturizes really well, feels light, doesn't smell, and sinks in quickly. It's made with natural ingredients which makes it ideal for people with sensitive skin. This lotion also claims to help people with problems like eczema. I don't have any particular skin conditions, so I can't say whether or not it helps based on my experience.
The only con is the price. The bottle is small compared to other lotions like Aveeno or Nivea and costs 3 times as much. This is fine if you use it for your face or your hands, but a bit too pricey as a body lotion. If your skin can't tolerate regular lotions, then I think this is worth a try.
My favorites ways to use this:
- I applied this to my face before putting on my makeup and my skin felt so smooth. I felt like I didn't need a primer anymore. I've also mixed this with my foundation to make a tinted moisturizer.
- I absolutely hate the feeling of a greasy lotion inbetween my fingers. It's kind of one of my pet peeves. This stuff feels light and sinks in quickly, so I can use it on my hands without a problem.
- Moisturizes well.
- Makes my skin feel super smooth.
- Feels light, not greasy at all.
- Sinks in quickly.
- Made with natural ingredients.
- Gentle enough for sensitive skin.
- Doesn't have a strong smell.
- Expensive. Price is a big factor for me. One bottle is only 4 oz and costs $18.
DISCLAIMER: Product provided by Skin MD Naturals for review.