Yesterday I was with Raymond and we were passing a Target. He asked if I wanted to go and I said no, but we went anyway. We got to the makeup section and saw the Sonia Kashuk highlighting brush, a dupe for the mac 187. I was SO excited when I saw it, because the Target by my house NEVER has it. I have the 187 and I love it, but was looking for an alternative to use for blushes and bronzers. I grabbed the Sonia Kashuk one but then I saw a similar one from the brand "Studio Tools." I remember seeing a few great reviews for this new brush on makeupalley. I chose to get this one since it was only $7 compared to the $13 sonia kashuk one. Almost half the price! Raymond said, "Aren't you glad we went to Target now?" Yes.
REVIEW: Studio Tools Dual-Fiber Brush
Would I repurchase: Yes
- Only shed a few bristles when I first washed it with baby shampoo.
- A little bit smaller than the 187, but not by much.
- Really soft, doesn't feel scratchy at all on your skin. Not quite as soft as the 187 though.
- Very dense. More firm than the 187, so it applies products a bit more heavily.
- The bottom of the handle is flat, so it stands up on flat surfaces.
Is it a good brush? Yes.
Is it better than the 187? No.
Is it worth the $7? YES.
I think the MAC 187 is better, but it's $42. The Studio Tools one is only $6.99. Some people even found it for $1.99. For the price, it's a really good brush. If you come across it, I'd suggest checking it out. I would repurchase :)