Product information from the official website:
The only mascara that does for lashes what stilettos do for legs.
- The Grip & Extend brush grasps each lash and coats from every angle
- Elastic formula stretches lashes for provocative length
- Pro-Vitamin B-5 formula conditions and smoothes for black-patent shine
- Contact lens safe and Ophthalmologist tested
Overall Rating: 3/5
Would I Repurchase?: No
- Can be found at most drugstores or any location that sells Maybelline cosmetics. Finding it is easy and convenient.
- Price ranges, but for the most part, it's affordable. I got it at CVS for around $8.
- Cute packaging! The tube is shaped like the heel of a stiletto.
- The wand is a good size since it's not too big. The tip of the bristles is thinner, making it easy to coat those hard to reach lashes like the inner corners.
- Never looks clumpy. No need to fear spidery lashes.
- Lashes feel soft, not stiff or crunchy.
- Doesn't lengthen as much as I expected it to.
- Weighs my lashes down.
- Doesn't hold a curl.
- Doesn't come in a waterproof formula yet.
- Has a noticable smell when you're applying it.
Lash stiletto is a decent mascara, but it's just not for me. My lashes stick straight down, so I need a mascara that will lengthen and hold a curl. I saw a bit of lengthening, but it wiped out my lash curler's work. My lashes ended up looking better bare and curled.
However, if you're fortunate enough to have lashes that don't stick straight down and want a mascara that gives a bit of length, this product might work for you.
Stiletto Shaped Tube
Close up of the wand
Bare, nakey lashes! They stick straight down :(
Curled with my Shiseido curler, yay!
After I applied the mascara. The curl fell.
It looks a bit better when I curl again after applying the mascara. But that's not really recommended because your lashes can get ripped out of you're not careful.
A close up from a lower view. As you can see, it does lengthen.
But since the curl fell, this length isn't visible at all from a straight on view.