My first picture tutorial! I'm going to be doing my friend's makeup for prom this weekend and I decided to practice on myself. I ended up taking pictures at every step for a little how-to. This took more work that I thought, haha. Hope you like! I think neutral smokey eyes are perfect for prom. They're dramatic enough to show up in photos and they'll match any color dress.
Some quick tips for prom..
- Avoid using products with high SPF since they can give your face a white cast in photos.
- Use a lip stain instead of lipstick- they're long lasting, so less touch ups are needed.
- Set your makeup with a makeup setting spray, like Urban Decay's all nighter.
- Have fun and take lots of pictures!
For tutorial purposes, I'll name the shadows in the palette that I used.
1. Light beige
2. Medium brown
3. Dark brown
Apply eyeshadow primer (urban decay primer potion.)
Light beige all over the lid up to the brow bone.
Medium brown on lid.
Dark brown on outer half of lid.
Black to the outer crease.
Blend blend blend!
Dark brown to the outer half of the lower lash line.
Light beige on the brow bone.
Light beige on the inner corners.
Black liner on the waterline (urban decay zero 24/7 liner)
Black liner on the upper lash line (mac blacktrack fluidline)
Apply concealer underneath eyes. Add mascara & falsies.
Eyes are done!
Just put on your foundation, blush, contour, lips, and ta-da!
- Maybelline dream smooth mousse foundation
- Make Up For Ever concealer palette
- Maybelline dream matte powder
- Nars orgasm blush
- MAC emote blush
- Urban Decay primer potion
- NYX champagne & caviar eyeshadow palette
- Urban Decay zero 24/7 liner
- MAC blacktrack fluidline
- Wet N Wild mega length mascara
- Creme lashes
- MAC hug me lipstick
- MAC underage lipglass
My senior prom was 2 years ago :]